Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Look with favour upon a bold beginning



Once upon a time there was a girl who had the world at her feet. And a size 8 figure to go along with it. But then as often occurs in the real world, life dished out a few emotional curve-balls, plus along with having two kids, a messy divorce (yes I still hate him), then studying at Uni, juggling shift-work, farm, blah blah blah blah............... you know how it goes.

Fast forward about 20 years, and you guessed it - mother nature has not been kind. So unkind that Nivea is just not enough, and the size 8 figure has now ballooned out to a size 14.


So this is my bog - the start of my war. Its a personal war, one filled with not only physical scars but mental ones as well. All trying (successfully I might add) to keep me wrapped in my protective layer of fat. It wont be pretty but conflict never is, but at the end of it I hope to be the victor. And my prize???

My lost self esteem.

Deborah

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah. Love the attitude. Have been reading the forums and the posts on people's blogs and I think the thing that makes this program so different (and I'm thinking successful) to many others is the discussions, the support and the just plain interest in each other as we all try to achieve our varying goals. No matter what we want to get out of the whole deal there is always someone there ready to support and encourage us along the way. Low self esteem is such a barrier to life but be encouraged, it only takes a small shift to make a huge difference in how we see ourselves. PS I hate your ex, too.
    Good luck along the way and and go forward with a huge battle cry.
    Kathryn
    http://kathwillbe.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb

    Love your blog, looking forward to sharing this experience with you!!

    Connie xo

    ReplyDelete