Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Night feeding (or shall I say night raiding)

Ok I have a confession to make - the possum who raids the left over dog food at our house, is not the only one rummeraging around for snacks during the night. I do it too (but the fridge, not the dog bowl - I'm not that desparate LOL).

And its not because I am hungry, and I know it sets off the heartburn that in turn impacts on my sleep, which surprise, surprise leaves me a grumpy mummy in the morning. I am acutely aware of all the negatives - yet am somehow compelled to still do it.

I once read somewhere that there are 3 things that you need to do in order to loose weight. You need to move more, you need to choose healthy food choices, and what you think (eg the tapes in your head). Now I am an educated, smart woman, I know about the exercise and food bit, but my downfall is the head bit. This is my personal hell. Why do I keep abusing myself like this.

I find myself sayings things like "I will .......(insert good things in life).... WHEN I LOOSE THE WEIGHT". I finally realised that I my life is passing me by while I "wait" till that magical day when all the planets are aligned, that I have the perfect career, the house is renovated,..........and of course am back to being a size 10.

My lightbulb moment came a few days ago. Whilst I am "waiting" to have a life, my kids are growing up. And if I continue to wait, in no time they will have reached adulthood and have moved on, and we will have both missed out.

So fellow team-mates - ask yourself this - what are YOU waiting for???

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment