Thursday, September 6, 2012

Capital "P" for Procrastination




Its been a busy week, and next week is gearing up to be a mother of one as well. And I find myself with the "so much to do, so little time" scenario. Get up an hour earlier....... am already getting up at 5.45am. Go to bed an hour later.... errgh the brain tends to stop being functional about 8pm, and I am hitting the matteress (to sleep - much to my partner's digust LOL) by 9pm. Be more organised............... yeap that must be it.
 But as you know, its those chores that you really dont want to do (I call them the CBF's) BUT if you dont do them, then things fall apart. Like laundry, food shopping, etc, yeap those annoying things that it ppears I am the only one in this household who can do these things. Delegate ????? I hear you say.......been there, tried that, have the emotional scars in the relationship to prove it.
 
But the other day, I found a copy of Elizabeth Wilson's book "Goddess - be the woman you want to be". She describes a method where you write down a list of your tasks for that morning, then against each item write 10, 20, 30. Start with the task that puts you off the most, then set the timer for 10 minutes. Do that task until the timer goes off then move onto the next one for ten minutes. Once you have completed ten minutes for each task, then go back to the first task and do it for 20 minutes, and so forth.
 
I tried it the other day, and it really works. Even though I didnt get through the 30 minute part of everything, I had a real sense of accomplishment and as you are only doing said task for 10 minutes, it helps overcome resistance. So I felt I could give myself some time off in the afternoon and went for a walk with a fellow 12wbt program friend. And had a wonderful gossip as well. After all isnt this what life's all about???

No comments:

Post a Comment