Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1st weigh in

 

Today was my first "Wee & Weigh Wednesday" - and the scales have shown a positive result. A loss of 1.3kg since pre-season started.
 
Its been a challenging week; having to incorparate a new job posistion as Clinical Nurse Educator amoungst my regular nursing shifts has meant I have had to increase my hours of paid work to nearly FT. Coupled with family / farm committments, (which now includes bottle feeding a 4 day old kid - the goat kind), trying to change poor dietary habits into better choices, and a partner who is just not helping with basic day to day stuff - well its been tough.
 
The exercise part has not been achieved, but the diet part has. And I am still trying to kick the mint addiction, however I have swapped the mints for mint gum, which is helping control those nasty cravings.
 
But a loss is a loss, and I am inspired by it. Just gotta get through today and tomorrow, then 3 days off to get my life back into some controllable order. And you never know, I might even see the inside of the local gym LOL. 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. to be staying on track with food with a pile of stressors is pretty impressive. And as our Michelle says, it's mostly about food.
    Yay for you wth the CNE stuff, big effort. Good for you.
    One foot in front of the other. And chomp that gum to keep you on track!

    ReplyDelete