Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Armed..........................and ready????

Ok, I have my flashy new asics runners (must remember to bury that purchase figure from the other half), some wrist weights, and the heart rate monitor has been ordered and is on its way. Not to mention the gym clothes, (and sports bra to keep the ladies from getting sea sick), the water bottle (non plastic type), the diet reciepe books, scales that can tell you your fat %, new songs downloaded onto the IPhone, the arm band thingy for the IPhone........................... huh

Yes I have lost weight - but only from my wallet at the moment. But its an investment - right???

There comes a time in one's life when you have to consider the real cost of not living a healthier lifestyle. Western diets high in animal products and processed foods (read sugar, sugar, sugar....) are killing us. I personally am at a higher risk of Type II diabeties (especially since I had gestational diabeties with both of my pregnancies), cardiovascular disease (those xanthomas in my eyes are a dead give away of a high triglyceride level), and the extra weight aggrevates a chronic back injury which sends me running to the pain killers. You dont want to know the side effects of these.

Not to mention the efect on my mental health - I am 44 years old and I feel like twice that. Well actually the real age tests says I am 49.3 years old, still way too confronting. I just dont have the energy to live my life to the full (yes I know Michelle - an excuse, its going on my list LOL). Then there is my kids, god love um, they are like little sponges, they watch and absorb my bad eating / living habits and I have no doubt that they are heading to make the same poor choices as I do because that's what they have learned - from ME.

So when you think of what it is actually costing me and my family on a physical and emotional level, a few $$ is easy to find.

But I suppose the biggest expense is running power to the shed so I can finally use my treadmil again in my little gym area I have set up. Will write that one off as home reno's.

No comments:

Post a Comment