Thursday, August 9, 2012

Making the boring, mundane bearable



Housework.................... yeap I hate it with passion. Its such a waste of my time, and I am sure I was put on this earth to accomplish more than having a gleaming toilet. And as I am the female in a house full of boys, well even in this age I still find myself fighting the old stereo-types of the woman "keeps" the home (except this didnt happen during my divorce settlement I might add). Sigh.

And to add to the frustration, you do it, and low and behold you have to do it again, and again, and again.

Oh and I know that I am the smartest member of my household as I am the ONLY ONE who can replace a toilet roll when it has finished...........................


But what is the consequences if I choose to ignore it like the rest of my clan. It means having to live in something that resembles the other half's man cave (yuk). It means no clean underwear, no smell of fresh sheets on the bed, and dont even think about that relaxing soak in the bath with the glass of champers. So I do it, begrudgingly, but I do it. Because the not doing it result is worse than the pain and stress of doing it. That's the payoff. And I normally give myself a little treat at the end of it as a sign of a job well done for fighting through the laundry basket and not having a vomit in my mouth.

So if I can fight through my housework aversion, then surely I can make healthy food choices and exercise as part of my everyday routine. Right!!!

Now I am someone who responses well to the carrot on the stick scenario, so having a little treat for when I accomplish weight loss goals seems like a good idea. So here is my list:
Starting weight 78.5kg - goal weight 65kg (difference 13.5kg = 13 treats)
  1. Gym/Training equipment (as required for "gear up task")  - 77kg
  2. Detox Therapy - 76kg
  3. Facial - 75kg
  4. Pedicure / Manicure - 74kg
  5. Girls night out - 73kg
  6. Lymphatic drainage massage - 72kg (Helps with plataeu)
  7. Signature perfume -71kg
  8. New hair style and make-up lesson- 70kg
  9. Weekend away - 69kg
  10. Removal of spider veins - 68kg
  11. Tan application and waxing - 67kg
  12. New wardrobe - 66kg
  13. Proffesional Photos - 65kg




1 comment:

  1. Love this list. What a great idea. Looking forward to seeing you achieving them.

    ReplyDelete