Saturday, August 4, 2012

Excuses, Excuses......




Every vice has its excuse ready. ~Publilius Syrus

Whoa - Pre season has begun for the 12wbt program. And Michelle has asked to list the excuses that I use in order to stau surrounded by my "fat"  And I fear that this is going to be a LONG list........

Ok - the well used favourites:

  • I'm too busy
  • I'm too tired
  • I dont have the energy
  • I have to go to work
  • I dont have the time
  • I dont have the money
  • It's too cold/hot/wet
The internal excuses (in my head):

  • Why bother
  • I'm not good enough
  • I am not worth it
  • I cant be bothered
  • I am too old

And the less common ones"

  • I live too far from town to go to the gym
  • My son has ASD so I need to focus on him
  • I have a chronic back injury
  • I dont have a babysitter
  • My partner wont support me
  • The house is too small to set up a gym
I suppose I live my life surrounded by excuses and reasons why I cant "do"

Anything to avoid having to put effort into positive steps - much easier to stay locked in the " safe" negative.

But there is a change a coming.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment