Thursday, August 23, 2012

Living with the black dog

Today is not a good day, as the black dog is sitting at my feet. And with him, he has brought his old friends anxiety and self loathing. Maybe its the crappy wet / cold weather, maybe its to do with the arguement with the other half yesterday, or maybe its the fear of starting something new, such as the commencement of the 12 wbt program this coming Monday. Most likely it has ties to the current attempt to break the mint addiction. Who knows. But its ruining my life, his occasional visits. And medication is not my answer.
So I need a distraction list, something to redirect my mind when I have a bad case of the CBF's. And to remind me of the good things in my life.
 
  1. Go for a walk
  2. Activities with my kids (eg cooking, play at the park, etc)
  3. Work with my horse (lunge / ride etc)
  4. Read a book
  5. Watch a feel good movie
  6. Do craft (quilting, sewing, knitting, painting, etc)
  7. Give myself a facial
  8. Seek out new low fat recipes
  9. Write a letter / email a friend
  10. Look for inspiring pictures on the internet for home renovation and fashion / new look ideas

 I know that he will get up and leave eventually - just have to ride it out until he finds someone else to visit.
 

2 comments:

  1. I just wrote a lovely big supportive response to you and the computer gobbled it.
    I like your list, strategies at the ready is a good plan.
    And that damn dawg, I know him too.
    A jump on the trampoline, in the rain and cold, followed by shower and pjs for all works a treat to push that doggy further away for me.
    Wishing you sunny metaphorical skies.
    And remember, we in bloggy world are here for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi beccyb,

    Thank you for your kind words. They really helped, and I am now feeling better in my head.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete