Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Addiction

Ok this is an honesty post................. I have an addiction. Crown Mints. I eat these in abundance, sometimes up to a packet per day. And I have tried to stop, but the cravings for these little nasties is very strong.There are many reasons why I started to eat these in the beginning, ranging from the mint actually did give temporary relief from heartburn (which is a chronic problem for me that I take medication for twice per day), to the enjoyment factor, to the freshens your breath reason. But its now out of control.


So time for a reality check. Ok, according to the label, per 100g there are 1680 kj (300g for a packet), which consists of carbohydrate 98g, sodium 11mg, fat 0.1g. Thats 401 calories BUT TIMES THAT BY 3 - 1203 CALORIES.

Oh my, no wonder my dietary changes over preseason have done nothing to influence my weight.

Now I mentioned that this is an addiction - a craving that once it enters your mind you can think of nothing else. So its not a case of "hey just dont buy them anymore". And buying a packet & splitting them up into smaller bags, err, done that - didnt work either. And I dont respond well to the' if you eat this you will be punished" theme also.

I know that this is linked to my poor self esteem and my internal tape of "I am not worthy, I am not worth it" which runs in my head. This is a huge thing to break as when you grow up in a family where girls are "worthless" (and no my background is english - not indian or arab), then you have an abusive marriage (which I am now out of - but 10 years on still mentally struggling at times) - hum maybe I need to go back to the shrink LOL.
So fellow readers, any suggestions to tackle this addiction would be appreciated. And maybe you could use this oppertunity to be honest about your own demons. I promise I wont judge.

And for those looking for a kj to calories link, I have posted one below.

No comments:

Post a Comment