Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Environmental Cleanup

Now in a previous post I stated that I hate housework....... But I lurve a good cull. And when the task of having a kitchen cleanup came up, I immediately thought...... AWESOME. Perfect timing as we are also about to start house renovations. In fact I recently did the pantry not long ago. I rarely have lollies in the house, and as its a 30km round trip to the supermarket I keep a good supply of tinned tomatoes, beans, etc. The vegie patches, although not producing a huge range in winter, are still producing the odd brocoli, turnip and silverbeet, the chooks provide the fresh eggs - and there is home produced lamb in the freezer. And home made goats cheese will be back on the menu in a few weeks when my Sanaan goat finally kids.

Now I am happy to not have sugary cereal in the cupboard (cause I dont eat it anyway), but the problem is I dont live alone. There are three other people living in this house who do like to have nutragrain for breakfast, and one of these is a 6 year old with a very strong will. And when you are trying to get to work for 7am, you dont have time to do the breakfast battles and butt heads to see who is the boss.

When I started this 12wbt, my partner said that he would support me - and now its time to prove it. Now I dont expect him to never have heart attack in a box food, but not here, and not when he is with me. Same with the kids. Yes its going to be a gradual change for them (going cold turkey for a 6 years old with ASD would be bad for my mental health never mind his), but a change it will be. I dont want to look at my kids in a few years time and know that I contributed to their diagnosis of diabeties, heart disease, etc. I dont want them fence sitting in life because they are too unfit to grab it by the goolies and jump in 100%.
But I am a realist and it cant be all Miss goodie two shoes. There is the subject of alcohol (remember nearest pub is a 30km round trip away). Now I have an understanding with Dan Murphy's, and quite frankly going completely dry is like going on a diet - bound to fail. But I dont drink every night and when I do its usually only a glass with dinner. And I have found a lovely low carb champers when you just have to celebrate.

Now just have to find the perfect kitchen "gadget" LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment